Let the New Season Begin

Let the New Season Begin
My Babies Alex and Lexie

Thursday, October 7, 2010

The word NO!

I need an agenda planner! Bad! lol! Last night, Sean and I sat down with the calender and tried to figure out what we have going on this month and next month.. and every day is full!!! It was kinda depressing.. We have so much going on in our life but none of it is really planned together as a family.. Sean has something one night and I have something else another night and it's like where do we meet up? We are both involved in so much stuff that it's kind of taken over our family time.. so the word no! comes to my mind! We both decided that from now on we will sit down every month, and go through our calender to schedule family nights in.. It's funny how much time flies just day to day when you have two kids and like 3 different ministries relying on you... Our kids are the most important priorities in our lives beside eachother and it's sad to know that I haven't been taking more time with them.. So No! I'm learning to stop volunteering for everything and saying no! I guess it would be different if my kids were older but they're still babies and their need for us as parents right now is so crucial in their development. What's sad is Sunday (the day of rest) is my busiest day and it's one of the only days Sean off work.. Sean and I haven't been on a date in forever.. And I miss it! So no more volunteering...  I guess it's ok for us to be a little selfish now and then.. lol!

No comments: